Keith

Default Can I use Solid wire for rewiring sailboat if not WHY?

http://www.jamestowndistributors.com has pretty good prices on tinned marine
wire. It's not Ancor brand, but the same spec. Also, our local Home Depot
acutally carries a decent selection of marine stuff, including wire, nylon
terminals, etc.

Oh yea, while on the subject of terminals, be sure to use a good double
crimp ratcheting crimper and good terminals. You can find both at
http://www.terminaltown.com. They have all kinds of wiring stuff, including
mil spec connectors if you're really picky!

--

Keith
__
"dbraun" wrote in message
lkaboutboats.com...
All the reasons given here for the use of stranded wire are for the most
part correct and reason enough to use tinned stranded wire. I am sure
that
the only reason you are disuaded from using real marine wire is cost, but
I just bought 1000' of 14/2 for 24 cents a foot he

http://www.blackav.com/bai.php?page=11

their website was out of commission last I checked, but their phone
number
is 724-379-8628

To answer all the sceptics, YES, this is tinned, stranded, duplex UL1426
CG approved marine wire.

David
S/V Nausicaa