Capt. JG Capt. JG is offline

Default Zac

"Roger Long" wrote in message
troll sh*t removed
This quite a plausible proposition on the face of it. I don't put much
tension on my sheets when stowing and this is probably a good reason to
continue that practice. I rely on either multiple rolls and/or a sail
tie.

I've never heard of a headstay failure at this point though. Has anyone
else?

If you've got a furler, then putting a "lot of tension" on the sheets will
make it virtually impossible to furl the sail. At least that's my
experience. In fact, more than a light hand on one or both sheets makes it
extremely difficult. I doubt that was the problem. I don't find it plausable
at all. I just looked, and according to the reports the forestay separated
at the chainplate at the bow not 10 feet up... not sure where that came
from? That was the report Nov. 6th.

Also, he's sailing a cutter rig, so no major rigging failure.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com