Butch Ammon

Default The problem with these off-topic, political threads...

I have kept my own political views (and they are views that I hold dear) out
of
this newsgroup--but if someone were to call me "light in the loafers" for

being
a Democrat, or a "fascist" for being a Republican, I'd immediately lose

interest
in any sort of participation here.

I don't think I'm alone in that respect.

Joe Parsons
FWIW

Joe, I respect that opinion.
noah

....Sounds exactly how I feel too! I have stepped away from this NG more than a
few times.

My interest is freshwater lake boating and try to see where I would fit in. I
have drifted off topic a few times as well (guily as charged...) and mentioned
my beliefs and political opinions once and got ripped to shreds by a few
people. Like, I'm some horrible evil creature because:

* I am a moderate, conservative, middle of the road republican.
* I am an outdoorsman, fisherman, hunter, etc...
* Heck, I go to a Presbyterian church on occasion too. Does that make me a bad
person?

Let's get back to boating and enjoying the outdoors on the water.

Butch Ammon