posted to misc.survivalism,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.impeach.bush,rec.boats
John R. Carroll John R. Carroll is offline

Default Why mcain might win...

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message

"Curly Surmudgeon" wrote in message
. ..
On Sat, 08 Nov 2008 21:01:23 -0500, Ed Huntress wrote:

"Curly Surmudgeon" wrote in message
. ..
On Sat, 08 Nov 2008 18:08:09 -0500, Cliff wrote:

On Sat, 08 Nov 2008 06:26:31 -0800, Curly Surmudgeon
wrote:

We're all angry at them, and it's natural to think they *should* be guilty
of some crime, but I doubt if there is anything prosecutable there.

Warrantless spying on American's in America would be a better place to start
Ed.
Torture is also against the law.
I'd also be willing to bet a tidy sum that a Hatch Act case could be pursued
all the way to the White house.

This stuff isn't either imaginary or the result only of anger.
The President of the United States has been on national television admitting
first that certain acts are illegal and a day or so later, admitting that
they had both been undertaken and that such would continue - law or no.

I'll be very interested in the Obama administrations appointments at
Justice.
You should be too. We all should.

I'll allow that there are big issues to be dealt with that overshadow these
things in the minds of most Americans.
Any initiative won't come out of the White House. That doesn't mean the
Congress has to sit on their collective hands breathing a sigh of relief
that we've just dodged a bullet. We really haven't. We've taken a hit and
absorbed the impact. That's different.

JC