posted to alt.sailing.asa
Charles Momsen Charles Momsen is offline

Default Please don't wait

"Capt. JG" wrote in message
news

Nothing wrong with you. In some respects it's true that presidents-elect
must wait. However, he has suggested and is working in the Senate still.
You might want to give him a couple of days to get some rest. He's been
campaigning for nearly two years. He'll do better with a short break.

Yes, he needs his rest. Maybe someone else can handle that 3 AM phone call.

Well, you just got done saying that he's not doing anything and now you
suggest that he's doing something wrong.

He's done nothing. Nothing is not something.

Many people are talking about the need for a middle-class stimulus package,
and it seems like the ones who are opposing it live in the White House.
Lots of people including that high-functioning moron in the WH think we
should bail out the car companies. I'm not sure we should or shouldn't, but
I am convinced that the middle-class needs help.

Hopefully the majority in the Congress aren't under the hypnotic powers of
the high function moron in the White House and they can resist him forcing
them to bail out the car companies.

You're wrong about him saying the current one didn't work. It's too early
to tell, and no one knows yet.

So why is the Democratic Congress so eager to pony up more taxpayer money?
Our children are getting saddled with record deficits.

We've already seen some of his ideas throughout the campaign. For most of
them, he has to be president first, since he's not yet president.

What ideas? Most of what he said were broad, fuzzy feel good platitudes. He
did say out of Iraq in 18 months - the clock is ticking, putting a surge of
troops in Afghanistan and quite possibly going into Pahkistahn. No one
earning less than $250,000 will see a tax increase, most Americans will be
paying less in taxes, all this as the Democratic Congress is going into
record deficit spending, about 2-3 trillion dollars (based upon current
revenue numbers) when all is said and done. Thank heaven Obama got elected!
That stooge Bush lowered taxes, increased spending, invaded a soveriegn
country and is pulling troops out of Iraq. What a high functioning moron he
is! Don't forget about those failed policies!

No one wants to turn sour on a president. Even though I thought Bush was a
huge mistake, I tried hard to give him the benefit of some time. Right
after 9/11, I thought he might actually step up to the plate and do the
right thing (didn't know or care if I had known about the My Pet Goat
sh*t). For a while, I thought he did fine. Afganistan was the right
place... and then it all went to hell with Iraq. He did the opposite of
what he was as governer... he was a divider.

He got relected. America hasn't been attacked since 9/11. I hope we can
believe that our safety will be as good or better under Obama.

We all hope (or we all should hope) that Obama can do something... inspire
us all to be less partisan and more involved in the solutions we need.
Neither he nor any one individual can fix the deep problems we have.

I thought Obama was elected because his policies will make America better
again - that's leadership. Now our expectations should be "inspiration",
"sacrifice" and committees figuring out what the solutions should be? That
sounds more like management, not leadership. What happened to Obama's
vision? How is he going to "spread the wealth" when it is rapidly
vaporizing? Dollars fresh off a printing press are not wealth.

Ronald Reagan was put into a very similar situation after knucklehead Carter
kneecapped the economy. Today, decades later, people are saying the era of
Reagan is finally over. Let's see if we are better off in 4 years than we
are today. The current situation is a great test for Obama's understanding
of what made America great, he's not in office yet and already his
sycophants are backpedalling. Hope and change we can believe in - a great
slogan!