Boater Boater is offline

Default Dems owe me

Eisboch wrote:
"Canuck57" wrote in message

Good point. If the government had to account for money like businesses,
they would panic.

I got a kick out of some local debates that went on here in MA during the
election cycle.
The "official" MA operating budget, as reported by the state accounting
office was approximately $28B last year.
However, that does not include a couple of other categories that do not get
officially reported, yet funding is required for through taxes. The real MA
budget was in excess of $40B for the same time period. One of the
unreported budgets is called, (believe it or not) the "Budget for
non-budgeted items".

We are all nuts. We just keep paying. A referendum question to cut the
state sales tax in half as a means to force state government to re-evaluate
all expenditures and eliminate non-essential, pork barrel programs failed.

Eisboch

Speaking of Massachusetts, I had a pretty good time there Thursday and
Friday, despite the really crappy rainy weather. Stayed at a hotel right
across from the Commons, got to visit some interesting construction
sites, talk to some construction workers, and even went out to the
Franklin Park area, where my grandfather and I used to go to the zoo.

Boston's always been one of my favorite American cities.