posted to alt.sailing.asa
Charles Momsen Charles Momsen is offline

Default Liberal argument tactic exposed!

"Dave" wrote in message
On Fri, 7 Nov 2008 14:07:38 -0700, "Charles Momsen"

said:

Dave, that was verbatim from Goldwater's 1964 acceptance speech. Real
conservatives would recognize those words immediately. It is one of the
greatest American political speeches of all time.

Frankly, I don't give a damn what you think "real conservatives" (whatever
that means) would recognize.

But you do give a damn about my use of "real English".

Thanks for the advice. I frequently make mistakes doing many things and
appreciate criticism of any type, it helps me make less mistakes, understand
other people, grow and become a better person. If one doesn't challenge
their own beliefs, they are doomed to repeat the same mistakes over and
over.

Real conservatives read about the history of conservatism, the foundations
upon which it based and the criticisms of it. With a better understanding of
conservatism/libertarianism one can better persuade others to the benefits
of such a philosophy and improve the world as a whole in addition to the
vast personal benefits of living such a philosophy. Knowledge, used
correctly, is power.

Here is a book I'd recommend to read. It covers the modern conservative
movement in the early 60's.
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/08...1.LZZZZZZZ.jpg Note the
rugged, chiseled individual on the cover in western garb, the cactus, the
shotgun and the rugged landscape beyond the patio furniture. Yosuf Karch,
the photographer, certainly captured the essence of it all. In your heart
you know he's right!