D.Duck D.Duck is offline

Default Looks like..

"Eisboch" wrote in message

"Vic Smith" wrote in message

You might be too young to remember Everett Dirksen's voice.
Cool.
Hey, check this out. Spiro Agnew rapping.
Found it looking for an example of Dirksen.

Here's a link to a c-span site that has some old interviews with the likes
of Everett Dirksen, Hubert Humphrey, Barry Goldwater, etc.

It took a minute or so for the page to begin loading, but then did so
quickly. There's a couple of 45 minute interviews with Dirksen. Fun to
listen to that distinctive voice and personality behind it again.

http://www.c-span.org/apa/cong_lead....t_events,lcng;

or: http://tinyurl.com/6lz5f2

Eisboch

I lived in Illinois while Dirksen was senator. I always remember his famous
line, "a billion here, a billion there and pretty soon we're talking real
money". Of course back in his day a billion bought a lot more than today.