Two meter troll Two meter troll is offline

Default Leaking Porthole

On 2008-11-06 10:27:31 -0500, "Edgar" said:

Since you have to take the headliner off anyway, why not go for the
Method 1
but cut out the area from underneath the deck rather than on top?

Watch that. Not only is working up underneath wet fiberglass an
invitation to a nasty clean-up job, but I found that our "underside" is
thicker than the outer skin. Had I disturbed that, I'd have had a really
big job on my hands.

Totall agreement with you on that one, Jere.

I've done one small (stantion area) repair from under.

That's the only time in years of working with resin that I actually
had resin in my hair!

Yech...

--

Richard

(remove the X to email)

Its gonna be Messy whatever you do.
Its been my policy that water flows into boats from the weather side
to the inside. If i can help it i never crack the finish on the
weather side. One little pin hole means you are at it again in a few
years.