William R. Watt

Default Amature builder needs advice

If you download the free hull design program frm www.carlsondesign.com I
think thre is a Sunfish hull example there. Sorry, can't remember for
sure. You can use the program ot modify the hull with the mouse pointer on
your computer and it will calculate some relevant numbers. Then you can
use the program to plot the panels on sheets of plywood, cut them out, and
assemble.

Brian Vickers ) writes:
As a novice boatbuilder, I would like to take on a somewhat different
project. I would like to build a wooden craft as an almost carbon copy
of the popular Sunfish because of it's easy of opperation and
performance for a boat of that size. To make up for the likly increase
in weight, I thought it might be beneficial to increase the draft and
thus the displacement. However, I do not know where to begin and would
like some advice from someone more knowledgeable about boatbuilding
than myself. Thank you very much, Brian Vickers.

homepage: www.ncf.ca/~ag384/top.htm