James

Default Amature builder needs advice

"Brian Vickers" wrote in message
om...
As a novice boatbuilder, I would like to take on a somewhat different
project. I would like to build a wooden craft as an almost carbon copy
of the popular Sunfish because of it's easy of opperation and
performance for a boat of that size.

To make up for the likly increase in weight,

Pound for pound.... Wood is generally stronger than GRP.

The wooden Plug that was made to produce the moulds for the Hunter
Sonata.... Went on to be fitted and sailed very well.
She had to carry some extra ballast to keep her in class as she was lighter
.... and she went slightly better to windward because the hull was stiffer in
the right places