[email protected] tschw10117@aol.com is offline

Default Actual boating question!

Ok, boats... I'm retrofitting my 1976 Chrysler 75hp outboard with a
used tilt/trim unit. Hooked it all up, figured out the hydraulic
lines, followed the procedure... Filled it with 30 w non-detergent
motor oil. I run the unit up and down several times, all seems to be
working OK once the cylinders filled with oil and purged the air.

Opened the reservoir to check the level, a bunch of foam spilled out.
Drained the oil. Refilled. Ran it. Same result.

Am I doing something wrong? Is a certain amount of foaming normal?

Any suggestions? Experiences?

Thanks

Terry