Vic Smith Vic Smith is offline

Default Florida Trip 2008 (Boats mentioned)

On Wed, 5 Nov 2008 12:24:02 -0800 (PST), wrote:

Vic, next time, go to Ft. Desoto State Park, there's a great fishing
pier there that juts out to the main channel. You can watch pilot
boats go out to intercept cargo ships. Plus there's a lot of history
at the park, used to be a fort. Just west of the Sunshine Skyway.
Also, when you travel up I-57, in Illinois, there's a place called
Uncle Bud's in Ina. It's not far South from the intersection with
I-64. It's a truck stop with a sandwich place. Damned good simple
food. It's a dump, so be aware, but after I found it, I'll make it my
stop every time I go through. And you should have stopped at
Sheffield's Catfish House (another truckstop) south of Live Oak FL.

I visited Ft. Desoto State Park a few years ago, and mean to do it
again. Nice place.
I'll try to check out the other places next trip. Thanks.

--Vic