JohnH[_3_] JohnH[_3_] is offline

Default Stupid boat launching question

On Wed, 5 Nov 2008 12:32:27 -0500, "Alta47" wrote:

wrote in message
.. .
I load a pontoon on a trailer and it needs some coaxing sometime. The
trick is to get a "salt water treated" PT 2x12 and bolt it down on the
trailer next to the center roller. Then you can walk on the trailer
instead of that slimy ramp.
I used hot dipped carriage bolts and backer plates from the trailer
guy under the stringers so I had the rounded heads on the walking
surface.

Thanks. I'll check that out and see if that looks like something I can do
on the trailer I have (probably, "yes").

I am amazed at all of the different ideas and tricks people here have
suggested.

Here's a real easy one. Get to the launch ramp early and watch other folks.
You'll learn some good techniques, and laugh your butt off at some of the
'not so good' techniques.
--
A Harry Krause truism:

"It's not a *baby* kicking, beautiful bride, it's just a fetus!"
[A Narcissistic Hypocrite]