[email protected] LoogyPicker@gmail.com is offline

Default Stupid boat launching question

On Nov 4, 8:33*pm, DK wrote:
Boater wrote:
Alta47 wrote:
I bought a 13-foot aluminum boat and trailer this summer. *I never
owned one before, so I had to figure out how to get it into the water
using a boat launching ramp. *As far as I can tell, part of that
process includes backing the trailer into the water and then actually
having to wade into the water a short distance to push the boat off
the trailer.

My stupid question is: Now that it's getting cold outside, if I want
to launch the boat in cold weather, do I actually have to wade into
icy cold water on a cold day to do that? *I assume there must be
another way to do this.

The question isn't stupid, especially for a newbie.

If you have a roller trailer, which I suspect you do not, the boat will
roll off the trailer into the water, assuming any sort of incline on the
boat ramp. Make sure you keep the boat attacked to the trailer until you
want it to roll off!

Bunk trailer requires you to back down the ramp far enough for the stern
of the boat to float free. Once it does, you usually can push a light
boat off the trailer with an oar or boathook at the bow.

Tell him about your 300' bowline theory.- Hide quoted text -

Now that's funny!!!