Eisboch Eisboch is offline

Default Holographic imaging on CNN

"Vic Smith" wrote in message
On Tue, 4 Nov 2008 19:27:50 -0500, "Eisboch" wrote:

Pretty amazing technology. Almost worth having to listen to Wolf Blitzer
sputter on and on with all his "uhs".

They are holographicaly projecting reporters from around the country onto
the stage beside Wolf, so it appears he is standing beside them, talking.

Pretty cool.

If it wasn't a camera trick. I don't know if Blitzer was seeing what
we were seeing.

Anyway, since a holograph is 3-D, it's sort of silly to waste it on
2-D TV.
I'll believe CNN had a projector when I see one in BestBuy.
Preferably of M. Monroe standing on a grate.

--Vic

Heh. First, welcome back.

Blitzer could see the image, in 3D. The technology they used was more than
a laser holographic image projector.
They also had some sophisticated synchronization of the detectors and
projectors.

This is a technology coming to your home in the not too distant future
(assuming you want it). Someday you will rent a movie and the images will
appear in your living room, in 3D and not projected onto any kind of screen
or displayed from a conventional HD monitor.

Eisboch