Bob Long

Default Old deck problem

I've heard that if you apply antifreeze to old timber it absorbs it like
water but does not give it up
so easily, thus stabilising the wood from further movement. and protecting
it from rot as a bonus!

cheers

Bob

"Bob Long" wrote in message
I have a 1923 Clyde Day Sailer that has been somewhat neglected and the
problem
I want to sort out is the deck. the deck is made od tongue and grooved

pitch
pine
boards about 4" x 1" and over time they have shrunk and bowed.
I would like to restor this to what it was. and cover it with Canvas in

the
traditional way.
Do you think the boards will swell if I wet it and keep it wet for some

time
?
or do you think I should replace the whole lot with new?

Also, has anyone used "antifreeze" in wood preserving and what where the
results like?

Cheers

Bob