JohnH[_3_] JohnH[_3_] is offline

Default SW Tom - Take a gander

On Tue, 04 Nov 2008 15:46:30 -0500, Boater wrote:

D.Duck wrote:
"Boater" wrote in message

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...0/29737c6c.jpg

This was shot handheld, no "VR," at 56mm, f9 at 1/200th from a
considerable distance, and cropped. See if you can read the words just
below the center top row of windows...

Relatively inexpensive lens, too.

PHILOSOPHY

Only after 250X magnification in Paint Shop Pro. After knowing what is was
I could make it out at 100X.

Hmmm. There actually are three words there, which I can see clearly at
80%. Most likely due to differences in software and perhaps video cards
and monitors? Your guess?

In any event, the lens seems pretty sharp to me. At 80%, even the mortar
joints look pretty good. Here's some rooftiles on a different building
but at the same distance (lens at 75mm, f/10):

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...0/9c7dc4d5.jpg

Harry, who took that one?
--
A Harry Krause truism:

"It's not a *baby* kicking, beautiful bride, it's just a fetus!"
[A Narcissistic Hypocrite]