Calif Bill Calif Bill is offline

Default Stupid boat launching question

"Alta47" wrote in message
I bought a 13-foot aluminum boat and trailer this summer. I never owned
one before, so I had to figure out how to get it into the water using a
boat launching ramp. As far as I can tell, part of that process includes
backing the trailer into the water and then actually having to wade into
the water a short distance to push the boat off the trailer.

My stupid question is: Now that it's getting cold outside, if I want to
launch the boat in cold weather, do I actually have to wade into icy cold
water on a cold day to do that? I assume there must be another way to do
this.

Put a line / rope just a little shorter than the boat attached from the bow
the winch post of the trailer. Back down enough to float the boat a little
and let the boat drift back. Pull forward enough to get the line without
getting wet and pull the boat over to the dock. You want the rope a little
shorter than the boat so if the line falls overboard, it does not get
tangled in the prop.