[email protected] ohara5.0@mindspring.com is offline

Default For your amusement...

On Nov 4, 7:34 pm, wrote:
On Nov 4, 4:01 pm, Tom Francis - SWSports

wrote:
Gotta love a song with dirty white trash ho in it. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBMz9y5raZI

That was great. Now, to demonstrate my complete lack of knowledge on
modern culture, who were those two?

My grandmother was a real Florida Cracker raised on a failing
strawberry farm near Hawthorne (east Of Gainesville) in the late
1800s. What I remember most about her was that she collected Masters
Degrees for fun and would always tell us kids "Dont act like White
Trash". So, when I got older, asked her if that wasn't sorta racist
and she replied "White people all have the option of being educated so
their ignorance is willful, negroes did not have to opportunity for
education so we have to forgive their unwilling ignorance. White
Trash is about willful ignorance". It wasnt till years after she died
that I found out why she had such a reasonable attitude toward race
relations even though she had been born and raised in redneck
culture, Reading my great aunts account of their lives, I found that
when my great grandfather died leaving them in serious debt and then
citrus trees were all killed by a big freeze then, a black family on
the other side of the pond (It is actually called "Cooter Pond"),
helped care for the 5 Nash kids, all girls, by bringing them game and
helping with the garden.