Wayne.B Wayne.B is offline

Default SPOT battery life

On Tue, 4 Nov 2008 15:44:30 -0500, "Roger Long"
wrote:

I'm pretty impressed with the SPOT beacon battery life. It's still running
on the first set of two AA Lithium's I put in when I bought it back in May.
This includes:

All the testing and playing after purchase.
Running it for nearly every daysail, 4 - 6 a week. This was great because I
was often alone and people didn't have to bug me on the cell phone to find
out if I was headed in for dinner.
8 - 12 hours a day on our 9 day cruise downeast.
10 - 14 hours a day on the recent 8 day Rachel Carson delivery.

I'm wondering just how much life is left after a summer of fairly heavy use
so I've set up a new page and started it running on the window sill. You
can watch it die he

http://share.findmespot.com/shared/g...eYWUa0SLl40PnT

This is starting at 3:30 on election day. It may be a little while before
fixes show up.

That sounds like pretty good battery life, especially considering that
it is transmitting as well as receiving.

Does the SPOT device also double as a useful GPS, and is it waterproof
enough to take on a dinghy, leave on the flybridge, etc. ?