Richard Casady Richard Casady is offline

Default Stupid boat launching question

On Tue, 4 Nov 2008 10:01:02 -0500, "Alta47"
wrote:

I bought a 13-foot aluminum boat and trailer this summer. I never owned one
before, so I had to figure out how to get it into the water using a boat
launching ramp. As far as I can tell, part of that process includes backing
the trailer into the water and then actually having to wade into the water a
short distance to push the boat off the trailer.

My stupid question is: Now that it's getting cold outside, if I want to
launch the boat in cold weather, do I actually have to wade into icy cold
water on a cold day to do that? I assume there must be another way to do
this.

You can push the boat with an oar. It is small enough to row if the
motor goes on strike, so you really ought to have a pair. If you are
on a starvation budget, get a piece of 1x2 about ten feet long.

Casady