Larry Larry is offline

Default Boothbay Me Unusual Tide Changes

(Richard Casady) wrote in
:

Actually its more like off the continental shelf, down the continental
slope and into the abyss. Few anchor two hundred miles out. Drill rigs
maybe. These are landslides we are discussing. You might have trouble
getting an anchor to set on a steep hillside. I never tried it,
myself.

Casady

On Lake Moultrie, a friend lost his anchor to a building, or maybe a fence,
this year. He was anchored out fishing in the lake and happened to be
right over one of the submerged towns I love to scan on sonar to see if I
can find the church steeples. Only thing we can figure is he hooked
something connected to the ground like a fence anchored with fence posts or
a house, barn, something too big to lift.

He kept hauling on the anchor line until the gunwale almost went under but
to no avail. He gave up and cut the line.

If you find an anchor hooked to the front porch, I know who it belongs
to...(c;]