Boater Boater is offline

Default 53-42

wrote:
On Mon, 03 Nov 2008 08:02:43 -0500, Eisboch wrote:

Instead of coming clean, Obama, via the DNC, has used the court system
to dismiss a lawsuit demanding these documents.

That seems to be the pattern. 3 or 4 suits against Obama's "natural born
Citizen" status, and a couple against McCain's status, all have been
dismissed. It's also happened over the years. Goldwater being a recent
example, all because of that wonderfully vaguely worded document, the
Constitution.

The courts have seemed to take a hands off approach when deciding a
candidate's qualifications. While it may seem a little untidy, I think
the courts are correct. Do we really want a judge to decide who is
allowed to run, or worse, the previous administration? That could be a
large can of worms.

It's my understanding, "a natural born Citizen" was put into the
Constitution to avoid the chance of a foreign puppet. Neither Obama,
McCain, Goldwater, or even Chester Arthur, who may actually have been
born in Canada, fit the role of a foreign puppet. Personally, I accept
the courts hands off approach.

I don't think "the Arnold" would, either, though I wouldn't vote for
him. He's as much an American as anyone born here.