Boater Boater is offline

Default 53-42

Eisboch wrote:
"Boater" wrote in message

I don't know of one reason why the Obama campaign should expend energy to
satisfy the curiosity of those who would not vote for him under any
circumstances. If some rightie has *proof* Obama was not born in Hawaii,
let him come forward with it. Proof, mind you, not speculation.

Isn't that cavalier attitude representative of the complaints many have of
GWB?

The guy is soliciting votes to be elected POTUS. To request documentation
proving his Constitutional eligibility to hold that office isn't asking much
and should be done as a matter of course in a basic background check. Obama
did not respond, causing some legitimate questions. Even his family members
have offered conflicting accounts of his place of birth. Add to that his
refusal to release college records and transcripts further begs questions.

It is my understanding that the "birth certificate" electronically posted on
the Obama website is suspect by many experts. Why not produce and submit a
certified original or copy to a judge?

Instead of coming clean, Obama, via the DNC, has used the court system to
dismiss a lawsuit demanding these documents. That's scary to me. The
liberal media has put this issue in a filing cabinet, preferring to focus
more on proving that Sarah Palin can't see Russia from her house.

I just want some honesty. At least McCain has released all requested
documents, warts and all.

Again, to me, it's the sum of the details about Obama that leaves me
questioning who the heck he really is.

Eisboch

Once again, unless it is legally required, I see no reason to satisfy
the curiosity of those who will not be voting for Obama, no matter what.

There is no Constitutional requirement to provide the documentation you
want.

Beyond this discussion, the "born in the USA" requirement is a stupid
one, anyway. Any citizen, born here or naturalized, should be allowed to
seek this nation's highest elected offices. A lot of voters at one time
wanted to see "the Arnold" run for the nomination but, of course, he
could not because of an "accident" of birth. No one questions his
loyalty and devotion to this country. I wouldn't have voted for the guy,
but I sure would have supported measures to make it possible for him to
run.