Backyard Renegade

Default microbaloons same a laser toner?

(William R. Watt) wrote in message ...
I've never worked with or even seen the microbaloons used as filler in
resins on boats, but I've heard they are tiny clear plastic spheres. The
toner used in photocopiers and computer printers is also tiny plastic
spheres (to print they are melted into the paper). I was wondering if
laser toner could be used to thicken the resins. Laser toner, being
produced in large volumes would probably cost less than microbaloons. Just
a thought.

As long as the resin does not dissolve the stuff, you can thicken it
with almost anything, even recycled and powdered three year old boats
made of cardboard and polyester ;-O
Scotty