Richard Casady Richard Casady is offline

Default Damn, it's cold

On Sun, 02 Nov 2008 17:18:55 -0500, Jim wrote:

Eisboch wrote:
Must be getting old.

39 degrees, but the humidity is fairly high, producing that bone piercing
cold that permeates every coat, hat, sweater that you wear.

Oh come on. Tell us all about it.

In Iowa, far from the moderating influence of the sea, we occasionally
get more than a week of temperatures below 0 F. _That_ is bone
chilling cold. The cold air comes from central Canada at high speed
and doesn't warm up much on the way.

Get a down parka. It doesn't have to be subzero to wear the subzero
coat. Mine cost five bucks, new, at Goodwill. Still had the snap on
hood with it. Get a kilt but don't wear it. Hang it on the wall and
look at it, and tell yourself it could be worse.

Winter indeed sucks. I am 61, and yes, it gets worse as you get older.

Casady