Richard Casady Richard Casady is offline

Default End of the Season

On Sun, 02 Nov 2008 17:39:58 -0500, BAR wrote:

I didn't feel the earthquake, less than 50 miles away, and I haven't
heard anything on the news.

The Geology building at Colorado U has a seismograph in a glass case
next to the lecture hall. There was a terminal, tied into a network of
seismographs, with the last twenty four hours earthquakes. Dozens of
them. Everything over magnitude 2. You could see at a glance that
California was still there. Salting the wounds. I Iooked at the little
x's marking thousands of too small.to feel quakes, on my way to my
Geology 101 class. I was surprised threre were so many of them. Good
detectors these days.

Casady