[email protected] justwaitafrekinminute@gmail.com is offline
Senior Member

Default Makin my vote count

On Nov 2, 12:01*am, wrote:
On Sat, 01 Nov 2008 22:14:34 -0400, Boater
wrote:

I didn't see the seven minute Williams interview nor the four minute
McCain segment. This past week, though, I noticed that both CNN and
MSNBC devoted a lot of news time in the day segments to McCain and
Palin, whose every appearance was dominated mostly by their trashing
Obama and bringing up Joe the Non-Licensed Plumber. Not much news in that.

Obama didn't buy $5 million dollars worth of time on CNN, coincidence?
maybe

Whatever point you are trying to make here, well, I don't know what it is.

I believe the ad money Obama is spending is also buying a lot of bias.
You just gave me an example. I am sure if it was McCain who had all
the money they would be throwing him soft balls and lots of free air
time.

Maybe the GOP will be a little more accepting of restoring the equal
time rule now. Personally I don't like candidates sold like beer on
TV. It is the TV money that corrupts these guys. You don't need a half
a billion dollars for buttons and bumper stickers.
Until we get the money incentive out of these races you are just
encouraging legal bribery. *The problems is that this is such a cash
cow for the networks they will fight it tooth and nail. 90% of the
billion spent on this cycle went to a half dozen media companies.
Nobody saw ONE thing of value in an ad that they didn't see dozens of
times in interviews on the various news shows.

The biggest problem is, like the Clintons before him, we really don't
know who is buying Obama. They have done everything to allow as many
illegal contributions as they can to the campaign. There are literally
millions of undocumented dollars coming in, and every means of
tracking them has been eliminated by the Obama staff. Of course they
know Pelosi and Reid won't allow an investigation, remember William
Jefferson, with the $90,000 in his freezer.. But take poor Joe the
Plumber? Quite a contrast now, huh?