Eisboch Eisboch is offline

Default Does McCain ever do anything but put down Obama?

wrote in message
t...

On Sat, 01 Nov 2008 14:33:52 -0400, Eisboch wrote:

Two things have all but killed his chances:

1. The economy tanked on Sept 15th.
2. He was up against a smooth, motivational style speaker.

Clearly, those didn't help McCain, but from where I sit, he ran a very
poor campaign. I would put Palin as his biggest problem. Not because of
the inadequate vetting, but because she was picked to appeal to his
"base". Republicans that think they can pull the country to the right,
are wrong. This country is ruled from the center. It's the nature of a
two party system.

You may be correct, but for purposes of his campaign, visibility in the
press and resultant poll numbers, Palin didn't hurt him. To the contrary,
she contributed to a significant "bounce". Note, I said for "purposes of
his campaign". I am not commenting on her qualifications.

Even now, as more information is available and her popularity has dropped
off a bit, McCain's standings in the polls are still helped with her on the
ticket.

Eisboch