posted to rec.gardens,rec.arts.tv,alt.atheism,rec.boats.cruising
Dioclese Dioclese is offline

Default Obama as president: The Commander and Thief

"jgalt" wrote in message
No doubt they will be playing "Hail to the Thief" whenever King Obama
enters a room. Throughout his career, such as it is, Obama's ONLY
skill has been taking money from people who earned it and giving it to
people who did NOT earn it.

This is not appropriate for this newsgroup. However, it does bring up a
question regarding the perspective of those that do not pay taxes. I'm
trying to find out exactly what that phrase means when used in political
campaigns and such. I take it it means that such receive some form of
public assistance in regards to income, and, it also means a wage earner
received all his/her taxes paid thoughout the year via an income tax return
check per their filed income tax return.

My perspective: I'm in my mid 50s regarding age. I've worked since I was
16 part-time, then full-time since I was 19. I was in the U.S. military for
20 years, then, went back to working a regular job. My income has always
been less than the middle of the middle income bracket except for 2 years of
my life. One year, my current ex-wife, and one child and I were considered
borderline poverty level, with that one exception where I did not pay any
taxes as I received all taxes paid via my employer via income tax return
check. I've paid into the U.S. Treasury without full return of all my via
employer paid taxes otherwise.

My feeling is that the vast majority of working folks, like myself, do end
up paying federal income taxes as a net result after the income tax return
is filed.

Further, I feel that most folks don't know about their neighbors and folks
like them and who, in the final net analysis actually pay Federal income
tax. Especially those trying to compare folks in widely varied tax
brackets. They assume incorrectly. As a result, there's breeding ground
for dividing people and using those invalid assumptions as motive for
political gain by fostering those notions. There's a variety of notions in
this formula that are really just false assumptions. Lower income working
folks (all 3 subgroups inclusive in these) dont pay Federal income taxes in
the final, net analysis is one of them. Another notion on the lower income
group's perspective is the higher income group has full Federal income tax
payment prevention by way of tax law. Such is a notion taken advantage of
by the opposing polical party. The people in the middle, middle income
taxpayers who are also voters, are asked to determine, by their own notions,
which perspective is correct (if both correct, which is most correct) for
that particular election cycle.

My perspective is that a person needs hard data to make such determination
of who is actually paying taxes, and if so, how much. I don't see why the
IRS, by gross ncome level brackets vs. taxes actually paid, with a line item
noting percentage of income actually taxes paid, can't produce figures for a
basis of a logical decision of which notion is actually most correct. And a
concurrent table showing how that's changed over the years noting the U.S.
governemt designated poverty level in a given tax year for each year that
table is provided for year to year comparison's sake. Nope, ain't gonna
happen. Did you ever wonder why?
--
Dave

If it looks like fish, smells like fish, its not
a cantaloupe.