Adam

Default Loctite for bolts

Thanks Joe;
You are right - totally confused. As always, common sense, and the true is
still somewhere in between.
For floor and stiffeners I will use loctite. For other application like deck
shelf I will go with nyloc.
Once again
Thanks you
Adam
"JSE" wrote in message ...
Ok Adam,
Are you thoroughly confused yet? Back to the original
question............you can use loctite, however, in my 22+ years in the
U.S.Navy, it has been my experience that nyloc coupled to SS nuts and

bolts
is a beautiful thing. There is no mess to clean up, the additional cost

and
weight are minimal at worst, and best of all no corrosion to worry about

at
all. The nyloc is injected into a hole drilled into the side of the bolt
during the mfr process. On the nut, there is a lip added during the

molding,
which is filled with nylon. You buy them, you screw them together, tighten
and forget them. They will not loosen over time, degrade or be impossible
for future removal (if you ever need it). In short, the additional few

cents
per nut and bolt is excellent peace of mind down the road. For the rest of
you well meaning lads.....I recommend "Screw loose" by CRC.
Joe

"Adam" wrote in message
I'm going to install floor stiffeners (2"x4" cedar sealed 3x by S1 -

floors
are 1/2" marine plywood sealed as well) using machine SS bolts 3/8" 3",

4"
&
5" long.
Should I use any of Lctie for the nuts?