Jürgen Spelter

Default bilge colour

Hi boat builders,

Im not really building a boat, I`m rebuilding my old dutch channel boat...

Bilge below engine and drive was wet, so I did dry it. As I saw, there is
some of the bilge colour missing, I can see the steel shining through.

I took a look into manuals of bilge paint: bilge must be dry and free of
oil.....

I will be able to get the bilge dry, but never I can clean it from rests of
oil or diesel, that has been runned into the bilge the last years. A little
film of diesel and oil will stay.

Has anybody an idea, how to protect that bilge from corroding with paint or
other coating?

regards from good old germany

Juergen