Wayne.B Wayne.B is offline

Default R/V Rachel Carson

On Thu, 30 Oct 2008 19:41:44 -0400, "Roger Long"
wrote:

Yes, we're here and the welcome party is over. The delivery crew has gone
off to sleep ashore and I'm going to sleep alone aboard my latest design for
one last night before flying home tomorrow.

We went down the New Jersey coast in Wednesday's snotty weather. We were
close in but going straight into the swells with the wind and waves abeam.
This morning we bucked straight into 15 - 20 up Deleware Bay. Both times,
the delivery captain who has been on a lot of boats said, "I can't believe
we're keeping up 18 - 20 knots in this stuff and are this comfortable."
That made me fell pretty good, let me tell you.

I'll probably do a we4b site about this trip eventually but, now, off to
bed.

Congratulations indeed. It was a lot of fun watching your progress
and seeing you stop at some of our old cruising ports. We were once
docked for the night in Cape May at exactly the same spot, on the same
dock that you were last night.

Hope you got to enjoy the ride down the Hudson River. In good weather
it is one of the hidden gems of the east coast. It looks like you
made a fuel stop at Lincoln Harbor marina in Weehawken, NJ. I had a
view of that marina from my office window for many years and used to
go down there at lunch time on nice days. They have their own little
fuel barge that brings diesel in from somewhere.