Calif Bill Calif Bill is offline

Default boating trip

I fished yesterday from a kayak, first time in the ocean. We launched from
Pt. Arena cove. Buddy dove for abs and then fished. He got his limit of abs
in about 25' of water, and then proceeded to out fish me. He limited with
one nice Vermillion and I got 7 decent rf. Hooked 3 lings. Landed the
undersized 22". First one rocked me. Drag locked down and he still stripped
line. 2nd about 30" let go of the swimbait about 18" under the boat. Tried
to fish today to finish out the limit, but after launching and going
offshore a ways to avoid the surf break, the offshore wind came up and blew
me too fast to fish the holes in the kelp, and decided was better to safely
get my butt back to shore. Hard paddle. Lose about 2/3 of the distance
gained every stroke until near the shore. Fun day, will do it again. But
will need to diet as the rental wetsuit was still tight. Do not fit in my
old suit. Started raining about Healdsburg on the way home.