Default Plywood Composite Boats

Actually, this boat was in the water from the first launch until about 5
years ago when it started the refinishing...(I think 354 years in the water
is a good testament) I just bought it a few months ago and haven't gotten
it into the water yet, but did put a garden hose into it last weekend to see
if I would have reason to worry when I re-launch her this summer... Well
lets just say I am planning on extra bilge pumps... She is showing a few
leaks!!!

Hoping she swells up fast!!!

"JAGJR" wrote in message
Thank you; that's interesting. And the plywood bottom survived after all
these years. I now have more respect for plywood as a boat building
material.

Intuition tells me the hull wasn't sheathed in glass/epoxy ...or was it ?

Also, I imagine a boat its size remained in the water during the boating
season instead of being "trailered".

I've read a lot about the need to keep a plywood boat out of the water, as
much as possible, in order to expect any longevity.

Maybe this boat is an aberration but I hope not. I'm
considering to build a composite plywood hull and will keep docked it in
salt water for six months out of the year.

I was told this wouldn't work. I was told to put it in at the beginning

of
the day and take it out at the end.

I'm starting to feel a little more confident in plywood composite hulls.