JAGJR

Default Plywood Composite Boats

That's a pretty boat and I enjoyed looking at your photos. It's neat the
way you parked your truck by the side of your boat. It gives the viewer a
good idea about the relative size of your boat.

A question I have is this ...you say, "....which sports a plywood lower hull
with the lapping sea strake upper hull."

If the lower hull is plywood and the upper "lapping ( I assume maybe
lapping plywood strakes, does that mean the lower hull is sheet plywood? If
so why "she needs to be in the water as much as possible to maintain the
swelling of the wood to stop her from leaking."

I'm impressed about the longevity of your boat if it's truly built out of
plywood.

However, it's not a composite boat. My question is about boats that are
truly composite construction.

Thanks for the truly interesting photos and response and best regards !!