Glenn Ashmore

Default Loctite for bolts

Brian Nystrom wrote:

Well, I guess they're simpler and more durable if the fasteners are
disassembled multiple times. Other than that, I don't think there is any
advantage. Nyloc nuts are definitely much more expensive, bulkier
and heavier than regular nuts and Loctite.

Also, Nylocks should not be trusted if removed more than once or twice.
If something is that critical and needs to be removed often, castle
nuts and safety wire are the ultimate solution.

--
Glenn Ashmore

there of) at: http://www.rutuonline.com