Tim Tim is offline

Default re powering a pontoon, now decking material selection

On Oct 26, 7:25*pm, JohnH wrote:
On Sun, 26 Oct 2008 08:34:33 -0400, jim wrote:
JohnH wrote:

?;^ Q
Now you're talking'!

Trailer parks are the way to go. You might try driving around the
neighborhood the evening before trash day also. That's how I picked up the
carpet for my garage. What do you think?

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l2..._DIS0001-1.jpg

That's appropriate for a great bike or two!
The bicycle in the back is sized for WAFA. *Have you two been riding
together?

That seat's not nearly wide enough for WAFL.

That rug might be worth some serious cash. Take it to a oriental rug
dealer and get it appraised.

Let's wait for a few more oil changes thereon just to increase the value
some.
--
A Harry Krause truism:

"It's not a *baby* kicking, beautiful bride, it's just a fetus!"
*[A Narcissistic Hypocrite]- Hide quoted text -

Well guys. I passed on the pontoon. I went and looked at it in better
light and I had cash with me, and glad I didn't bite on it. The owner
said he wouldn't be there, but I could help myself to looking at it in
his machine shed. The pontoons were good looking, but I noticed that
even with the trailer sitting of flat and level concrete, I noticed
that one pontoon was actually higher than the other in the front and
lower in the back. I crawled underneath it and saw a slight wrinkle
about mid way back on one of the tubes. I then noticed on the
"Hoosier" style trailer that somebody had done some welding on the
frame, and a slight bend (more like a dent) in the front axle. Oh,
they did a good job welding on the frame, but I noticed that it
looked like they had taken a torch to heat the axle to straighten it
back out and where the damaged tube was, there was also a new tire and
rim. even though I didn't see any damage to the bottom of the tube,
like a heavy scrape or gouge, it hit me what probably happened.
Either a wreck from the tire blowing, and causing a semi roll-over, or
they hit something pretty hard, and it took out the tire and rim and
bent the axle. thus putting a wrinkle in the tube. Granted, this was a
stolen recovery vessel and it looked like it would have been a good
deal, especially since I had a spare engine to replace the one that
was stolen. I wouldn't mind building the boat from the floor on up,
and outfitting it the way I wanted, but that's too much damage. So,
It wasn't the bargain I thought it would be, so I walked.

Good thing , too!

Thanks for the advice on flooring and having a bit of fun with the
linoleum!