JSE

Default Loctite for bolts

It's been my experience that whatever you mess with starts a cascade effect
on the parts around it. Whether it be from the way the new verses old parts
handle stress differently or if you just miss something or mess up in the
measurements. You may also decide on design changes down the road. No matter
what, I'll always recommend stainless and nylock at sea.....corrosion does
weird things to all materials that aren't water.
Joe

"Adam" wrote in message
Thanks for info, but I do not understand why I'll have to remove it in the
future.
Anyway I use epoxy glue to bound stiffeners and floors together, and it is
done permanently.
What for I'll need to disassembly this in the future?
Adam
"Brian Nystrom" wrote in message
JSE wrote:

No. Use stainless steel with nylock. they are much easier to remove in

the
future.

If you use Loctite #222 (pink/purple - low strength) or #242 (blue -
medium strength), the fasteners can be readily taken apart at a later
date. These two formulations are specifically designed for that. Loctite
#271 (red - high strength) is designed to be essentially permanent and
wouldn't be suitable.