DK DK is offline

Default 21' Center Console Suggestions?

Scott Sexton wrote:
OK,

Sorry to interrupt the name calling and political discussions, but I
have an actual boating question.

What should I buy???

Hurricane Ike trashed my boat and now it's time to get a new one. Old
boat was:

1982 Mako 21' CC
1998 200hp Evinrude Ocean Pro

I really liked the old boat, even though it was a pretty heavy. Would
like something more fuel efficient if possible.

I will be using it mostly for fishing in West Galveston Bay so shallow
draft is important. Also, I have to go through West Bay to get to the
ICW. Most of the use will be around West Bay, with the occasional 20m
trip into Galveston, and sometimes into Clear Lake/Kemah ~40m. Took the
old one out to the 12m rigs a few times, but offshore capabilities
aren't a 100% requirement for the new boat.

What do you think folks, should I get another Mako 212 or is there
another option that would be better?

Also, should I try to pick one up at the end of the year, or will I get
a better deal if I wait until the boat show season hits here in Texas in
Jan/Feb.

Thanks in advance,

Sexton

Mako's are overpriced and not even made at the old plant anymore so the
build is suspect for the price you pay.

Got any Key West or Polar dealers near you? They would be my top two
choices in that size.

That 21' with a 200hp must have been fast as hell!