D.Duck D.Duck is offline

Default Question for the economic aces

"Tom Francis - SWSports" wrote in
message ...
On Tue, 28 Oct 2008 12:19:05 -0400, "Eisboch" wrote:

You're right. I misunderstood it, as I am sure did many others because he
didn't explain it.

That's a large part of the problem with Obama's proposal - it's not so
much what he says as what he doesn't say. It's like a game of Clue or
playing with Newtonian mathematics on a Quantum level. :)

Obama says only people making more than $250K will have their taxes
raised, but that doesn't mean that everyone making less than that will
have their taxes cut. There's a middle segment, between $150K and
$200K for individuals and $200K and $250K for families (as I
understand it and my understanding is by no means complete because of
the ambiguities in how he states it), whose taxes will effectively
stay the same.

It's pretty obvious that Obama throws that $250K figure around
assuming that Joe Sixpack will assume that's the threshold for tax
cuts. It isn't. It's the threshold for tax hikes, and only for
families, not individuals. Or so I deduce.

He's being very slippery - amost out Clintoning Clinton. :)

There is only one thing that we can all say for absolute sure -
capital gains for folks making over $250K per year will go up -
significantly under the Obama plan.

Every time I've heard the $250K *threshold* bandied about it applies to
*workers*. What about retired?