Tom Francis - SWSports Tom Francis - SWSports is offline

Default Question for the economic aces

On Tue, 28 Oct 2008 10:41:26 -0400, "Eisboch" wrote:

Am I wrong or is this just a bunch of economic doubletalk that sounds good
but has virtually no meat to it?

I know - I saw that too. It's a little bit confusing how he phrased
it.

His idea is to remove capital gains liabilities for small business.
That's what he's proposed anyway.

The problem is in how "small business" is being defined. He and/or
his advisors have not defined exactly what he means by "small
business". As far as I know, the only definition is if the small
business owner makes over $250K/yr in which case his "wealth" will be
redistributed.

Which is an economic disincentive when you think about it. The person
who makes $249K per year isn't peanized for success, the person making
$250,000.01 is. What I don't understand is that his main economic
guy, Austan Goolsbee, is a fairly rightish free market guy and he's
the one proposing all this stuff.

He's a brainy guy - but I honestly don't think he's thought this stuff
through.