Laura or Brian

Default Amatu Need Advice for first time Project

I have some play in the rudder of my 31 foot 1971 Seafarer sloop. I
think it is a Tripp design, full keel. What I'm hoping to find out from
someone in the group is - How is this rudder connected to the stainless
shaft which connects to the tiller? Through-bolts in the shaft which are
imbedded in the fiberglass?? or welded straps?? If so, how many and
where? Has this happened to any one else?
Any ideas for a fix?? Should I even worry about a little play in this
connection?
The rudder on this boat is mounted on a triangular fin which is
just aft of the prop which shaft comes out of a little shelf in the
back of the keel (if you can visualize that)

Thanks for any ideas