Boater Boater is offline

Default Letters to America

Eisboch wrote:
"Boater" wrote in message
So all of a sudden everybody has finally discovered that Sen. Obama,
with his comment to Joe the Plumber, plans to ". . . spread the wealth
around." We should all be worried.
snerk

Snerk yourself.

While the concepts are nice and appealing to many during an election
campaign, the problem is not the specific details of Obama's proposals or
even the income levels over which taxes will be raised.

The problem is in allowing government - and the "leaders" of government to
control it ... period.

We've had income redistribution since the early 20th Century. There's
nothing new about it. I think it perfectly appropriate for those
families above $250,000 in net income to be paying more in taxes by
seeing some of their previously granted tax cuts go by the wayside.

As far as being against "government control," that baby was tossed out
with the bathwater this year when the capitalists greedily accepted
taxpayer bailouts of their failed financial institutions.

Our economy is upside down right now. It needs lots of adjustments and
the financial markets and the corporate world need lots of regulations
to help ensure it doesn't happen again.

It's too bad greed got in the way, eh?