P.C. Ford

Default which is the slower thinner - xylene or t-10

On Thu, 06 May 2004 05:09:32 GMT, Jim Conlin
wrote:

I believe that T-10 is basically mineral spirits, like Interlux 333.

I thought 333 was just plain thinner,so I used generic thinner for
Interlux paste wood filler. A low tech product, I thought, what the
heck. Did not go off.
Always use the recommended thinner; took me years to figure that one.

For mundane paint or varnish, try Penetrol which is slower still.

Beware using Penetrol with single part polyurethanes, like
Brightsides. Incompatablel Thousands of tiny blister. Again, the voice
of hard earned experience.