SmallBoats.com[_2_] SmallBoats.com[_2_] is offline

Default For the video experts here (2).

Mike wrote:
Scotty,

There are quite a few FREE mpeg2 codecs out there, the link below is one of
them. Mpeg2 is the codec required to play DVDs on your computer, and yes,
windows does not come stock with them. Big deal... install it. Quicktime,
using the MOV extension, doesn't come with windows either, but you obviously
had no problem installing quicktime.

Just about any camcorder you buy will work with the correct codec installed,
and I believe Tom offered one up to you for free. Do a search on "NIMO
CODEC," and you'll find a package that contains just about every codec
you'll ever need. The only camcorders I would avoid is one that records
using the AVCHD format. That is a different animal due to the HD.

One last thing... and tape drive camcorder will require you to "play" the
tape via firewire or usb2 to get the video to your computer. Obviously, this
can be time consuming for long videos. The slick feature to make it less
painfull, is that the camcorder can be controlled by the PC during the
capture process. A DVD or HD camcorder will allow you to copy (as opposed to
play) the video files to your computer. Much faster.

No offense, but this is very simple, and I'm sure Tom was being good natured
in stating that very fact. You know him better than I, so maybe he was just
being a jerk afterall. ;-) g

I hope this helps.

--Mike

"SmallBoats.com" wrote in message
. com...
Tom Francis - SWSports wrote:
On Mon, 27 Oct 2008 23:15:39 GMT, "CRM" wrote:

http://www.videohelp.com/tools/Dscaler_5
Don't confuse him - he's on a roll making it way harder than it has to
be.

Yes, and the empty responses and insults have sure helped my wife, who is
the one working on this.

Yes, she finally got it down with the Codec installation, (wow, such a
big word) and the MOD files play in both of our machines. After the fix
the files work in my Windows Movie Maker ver 6 but not in my wife's ver
5.1 too so they can be converted, and written to disk etc. Tom was
being Tom, maybe I don't know him as well as I thought, the last few
days I swear he is on too many pain killers, or just out running over
small animals. Either way, it's been that kind of summer, guess I should
just get used to it. Hope he got what he needed out of the situation...

Rowdy Mouse Racing, Scotty, Mouse, Terri, and Inky... That's who I trust.