Parallax

Default Stevenson Minicup

(Parallax) wrote in message om...
Got little done this weekend. The nerve of my wife thinking Mothers
Day takes precedence. However, did a little fairing of epoxy on #1
and put one side on #2. Bought a wood plane and shaped the
daggerboard of #1.

Am now leaning toward polytarp sails because I cannot get Tyvek in
great enough width and am not sure of joining pieces.

I keep finding air bubbles under the fibreglas I applied to the edges
so I keep grinding them out and filling them with epoxy. The
fibreglas seems to have been a mistake because the adhesion of the
fibreglas resin to the wood is very poor.
Found that the rudder boxes I made are twisted so I cut them apart and
reglued them between two cement blocks so they cannot twist.
No progress on #2 yesterday.