posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. JG Capt. JG is offline

Default social security

"Dave" wrote in message
On Sun, 26 Oct 2008 18:38:17 -0700, "Capt. JG"
said:

No need to, Jon. I'm quite familiar with bank regulation. Deal with it
daily. That's why I asked the question--to demonstrate that you haven't
clue about financial regulation or deregulation.

So, you're now claiming that removing legislation that's been around for
decades didn't significantly contribute to the melt-down. Talk about
fantasy
land!

I'm not simply claiming it--it's true. I've explained elsewhere why that's
the case. And despite my repeated requests you have come forward with no
explanation whatever of any reason why the Glass-Steagall's replacement by
Gramm-Leach_Bliley's holding company provisions had any impact on the
mortgage crisis. There's a whole universe of liberal blogs out there
making
that claim, and not a one that I've seen has come up with even a
semi-credible basis for it. They simply chant "deregulation" over and over
like some magic incantation, apparently relying on the principle that if
you
repeat a lie often enough and loud enough people will eventually believe
it.

Yep, it's fantasy time for you. You need to stop listing to the
right-wingnut financiers.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com