JohnH[_3_] JohnH[_3_] is offline

Default What a great day...

....for a boat ride on the Potomac River!

Yesterday the temperature hit 70F, or very close, and the winds were just
strong enough to put a little chop on the water. A perfect day for a boat
ride on the Potomac.

Our friends from Holland are here for a couple weeks, and they'd never seen
DC by boat. Adri is up for boating, but his wife gets afraid on the water,
so the ladies stayed behind.

This is Adri's first time as skipper...

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l2...oatTrip012.jpg

A fairly recent addition to the Potomac waterfront is the 'Georgetown
Riverfront'. What used to be an ugly, graffiti-covered, concrete wall has
been replaced by a dock and several restaurants. A Starbucks very close
makes for a nice place to take a break.

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l2...oatTrip020.jpg

Yesterday the traffic was light, but during the summer one might wait
several hours for a place to tie up. The whole area makes for a pretty
sight from the water.

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l2...oatTrip020.jpg

The Christmas Craft Fair at our church is rapidly approaching. One year I
made a kresh and the ladies crosstitched the figures to go therein. They
then auctioned the manger scene and made almost $500 on it. This year
they're doing the same, so I got roped into another kresh. It's not boating
related, but here's a picture. It's 24" wide, made from oak, with plywood
floor and back.

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l2...oatTrip008.jpg

If anyone's interested in making one, let me know. I'll provide more
details. There are no 'plans', I just found a picture I liked and went from
there.
--
A Harry Krause truism:

"It's not a *baby* kicking, beautiful bride, it's just a fetus!"
[A Narcissistic Hypocrite]